Key dates in CNB’s history

1987

1987

CNB (Construction Navale Bordeaux) founded by Dieter Gust and Olivier Lafourcade on the right bank of the Garonne River, on the site of the former Chantiers et Ateliers du Sud-Ouest, which, among other things, built the 5-masted France II in 1911 (which, at the time, was the largest combined sail-and-engine powered ship ever built), as well as torpedo boats and submarines for the French Navy and oil rigs.

CNB specialised in building aluminium structures for custom superyachts.

1989

1989

Mari Cha II, the magnificent 92’ yacht designed by Frers, was the first yacht to leave the CNB workshops.

1992

1992

To raise the investment required for serious industrial deployment, CNB became part of Bénéteau Group, the world’s leading pleasure sailing craft builders  listed on the second market of the Paris Bourse.

1997_tiers_page

1997

CNB diversified activities by taking over construction of working boats (professional fishing boats and maritime surveillance vessels), as well as Lagoon catamarans, now the world leader in cruising catamarans.

Since 1997, CNB Pro has also built passenger vessels.

2008

2008

To offer a broader range, CNB developed a new range of 60’ to 80’ semi-custom yachts built with all the skill of CNB’s Yacht Design and Industrialisation Division. The Bordeaux 60, designed by naval architects Briand Yacht Design and interior designer Couëdel Hugon Design, was born.

2009

2009

First ever CNB Rendez-Vous in Palma de Mallorca (Balearic Islands): 8 boats registered to take part. By the fourth CNB Rendez-Vous, in Bonifacio (Corsica, France), the fleet had doubled, with 16 boats taking part.

_NCL3847_web

2013

The CNB semi custom range is expanding with the launch of the CNB 76, the link between the Bordeaux 60 and the one-off superyachts, designed by naval architects Briand Yacht Design and interior designer Jean-Marc Piaton.